GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The name of the driver and his home town to be on the
left and right side of the car, in 4" lettering of
white. This could be on the door or sand shield. This may
be painted directly on the car or on an attached sign.
- Not more than two people per car at any time as a driver
or assistant. More than two people can be participants
with any one car but not more than two working on it at
any one time during the race, including coffee stops.
- Removal of head or pan will impose a time penalty of 2
hours unless you are under the time clock.
- No replacement of complete engine allowed.
- Other repairs during time out stops, no penalty.
- First three cars placing will be torn down for inspection
by three or more appointed inspectors, with the 4th car
- No outside help while under time on the road.
- Citation by law will constitute time penalty of one hour.
- Last day's race schedules to end by noon. In order to
have time for teardown inspections, etc.
- Any car disqualified at tear down inspection the owner
becomes responsible for reassembly and gaskets.
- Route to be marked and posted if deemed necessary.
- Sponsors and advertising are optional.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed in competing cars. (THIS
IS A MUST REGULATION AND NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY).
- Trailered-in cars will be given slow time of the day plus
- In regard to requirement #23 for "T" motors:
The reason for drilling bolt heads on the head and the
two pans is so that the motors can be sealed with safety
wire straight down one side and seal them.
The following are the revised rules and
regulations adopted by the board of directors at the December 7th
meeting held at Bozeman with all members present.
BODY AND CHASIS
- Stock "T" Frame (Ford), body, running boards,
sand shields and fenders.
- 4.40-4, 50x21 or30x3 or 30x3 1/2 tires.
- Model T type radiator, tanks and side brackets, stock
- Model T steering column and gears.
- Modet T rear end, axles and standard I tooth pinion, and
40 tooth ring gear.
- Windshields, must be stock for year of car. No altering
on posts. Must have safety sheet or safety plate glass,
top and bottom windshields will be closed and sealed for
- No ball bearings on ear axle in place of stock roller.
- Some type of box or turtle deck on back of roadsters and
- Bolts on rear of wishbone at pan must be saftied.
- Gas tank not over 10 gal. capacity.
- Complete set of floor boards required.
- One (1) stop lite in working order required.
- Model T type head lites in working order.
- Horn of any type in working order
- Rear view mirror of any type
- Shocks, optional
- Zerk fittings instead of oil cups are O.K.
- Cars must be licensed, pioneer or regular plates.
- Wire spoke or wooden spoke O.K.
- Emergency brakes in working condition. This is a MUST.
- Ruxtell rear ends must be locked out..
- Standard size exhaust pipe, at least three feet long
REPUIREMENTS FOR "T" ENGINE
- All magnets must be on flywheel.
- Model T stock camshaft, no modifications, can be ground
to standard stock..
- Standard head size valve and 45 degrees valves and seats.
- Chroming of crankshaft optional.
- No boring of carburators or of seats and needle valves.
Carburators must be stock, Kingston, Holley, or Ford.
- No gas or fuel pumps.
- Gas strainers O.K.
- Fourth main bearing optional.
- Drilling of rod caps and using oil dippers are optional.
- No grinding of intake or exhaust manifolds or of the
ports in the block. Tue use of aluminum intake manifold
- One outside oil line not over 1/2" dia outside, no
modification of inside oiling system.
- Heat or temperature guages O.K.
- No counter balance on crankshaft allowed.
- Milling of head and block O.K.
- Reboring of cylinders not to exceed .060 oversize.
- Full set of piston rings required.
- Cast iron or aluminum pistons of the Model T type
- 6 volt batteries for ignition.
- No air superchargers on carbs.
- All transmission bands in working order, bonded type O.K.
- No air holes in intake manifold.
- Timer, rotor coils, (four), all model T type.
- Drill left front head bolt and second or third large pan
bolt head first or second small pan bolt head.
Explanation to this in the general rules.
(end of rules)
The rules this year cleaned up a lot of
the mistakes of last year's. About the only difference is
that shocks are allowed this year. This is the first year
of sealing both the motor and windshield. Cams can be
reground to stock. Ball bearing fourth mains are allowed
this year. Still no superchargers though! Carburetors
were limited to Kingston, Holley or Ford. What else was