MONTANA CROSS-COUNTRY 'T' ASSOCIATION, INC.
General Rules and Regulations for 1967
- Not more than two people per car at any time as a driver
or assistant. More than two people can be participants
with any one car but no more than two working on it at
any one time during the race, including coffee stops.
- No outside help allowed while under time on road. Driver
guilty of either above will be penalized one hour.
- Route will be posted and marked as deemed advisable.
- Last day of race scheduled to end at noon in order to
have time for teardown inspection, meeting etc.
- Sponsors and advertising optional.
- Club will furnish braided seal wire, each driver will be
expected to put the wire in place so it may be sealed.
- Drill left hand front head bolt, second or third large
pan, and first or second small pan bolt.
- Removal of head or pan will impose a time penalty of 2
hours unless you are under the time clock. Removal of
head or pan should be reported to the Judges by anyone
knowing of such being done.
- No replacement of complete engine allowed. Penalty for
such being done is disqualification.
- Other repairs during timeout stops, no penalty.
- Disabled cars may be trailered and will receive slow time
plus ten minute time penalty. Please report to Timer as
soon as possible.
- Citation by law will constitute a time penalty of one
- First three cars placing will be torn down for inspection
by five appointed inspectors, with the fourth being
available for inspection.
- Any car disqualified, the owner becomes responsible for
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED IN COMPETING CARS. THIS IS
A MUST AND ANYONE GUILTY OF AN INFRACTION WILL BE
BODY AND CHASSIS REQUIREMENTS
All Model "T's" must be Stock with
the Following Exceptions:
- Some type of substantially built box or turtle deck
required on roadsters and pickups.
- Only Model "T" wire or wooden spoke or disc
- Only 4:40-4:50/21, 30x3 or 30x3 1/2 tires allowed.
- Rebuilt radiators allowed. Must be built to stock
dimensions including tanks and side brackets.
- Windshields, must be stock for year of car. No altering
of posts. Must have safety sheet or safety plate glass,
top and bottom windshields, to be closed completely and
sealed for race.
- Only model "T" rear end, axles and standard
eleven tooth pinion, and forty tooth ring gear allowed.
Bronze thrust washers also allowed.
- Gas tank of not more than ten gallon capacity.
- Complete set of floor boards required, in place.
- Complete stock exhaust system required including Model
- Emergency brakes must be in working condition.
- Bolts on wishbone at rear of pan must be safety wired.
- Ruckstell axles must be disconnected while under time.
- Cars must be licensed, Pioneer or regular.
INFRACTION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES WILL
BE CAUSE FOR DISQUALIFICATION
- One or more stop lights in working order
- Model "T" type headlights in working order
required, (sealed beam allowed).
- Horn of any type in working order required.
- The name of the owner or driver and his hometown shall be
on both the right and left hand sides of the car, in
block or script, at least three inches in height, any
color, on the car itself or an attached sign
- Rear view mirror of any type required.
THERE WILL BE A FIFTEEN MINUTE TIME PENALTY FOR
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF RULES 14 THROUGH 18.
- Shock absorbers are optional
- Zerk fittings in place of oil cups are O.K.
- Gas tank must be located in proper location for year of
- Padded seat cushions and back rest of any type required.
- Hoods are not required.
- Body paint color optional.
MODEL "T" ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
ASSEMBLY MUST BE STOCK WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
- Reboring of cylinders not to exceed sixty-thousandths
- No limit on amount of milling of block and/or head.
- Cast iron or aluminum pistons of stock Model
"T" type required.
- Full set of piston rings required.
- Stock model "T" camshaft with no
- Only standard size valve heads and forty-five degree
valves and seats allowed, pin or two piece keepers
- No air holes allowed in manifold, must be plugged if
- The use of stock aluminum manifold is allowed.
- No grinding of the intake or exhaust manifolds or of the
- Chroming of crankshaft optional.
- No oversize journals on crankshaft allowed.
- No counterbalanced crankshaft allowed.
- Drilling of rod caps and use of dippers optional.
- Type of Fourth main is optional.
- All transmission bands must be in working order, bonded
- No boring of carburetors or of seats and needle valves.
Carburetors must be stock, can be interchanged among
years, Kingston, Holley, or Ford, and complete, including
choke butterfly. Not more than three qualified
carburetors allowed in possession.
- Gas strainers allowed.
- Only one outside oil line, not more than one-half inch
outside diameter allowed, no modifications to inside
oiling system allowed.
- Only stock Ford roller type or New Day or Anderson,
flapper type timers allowed. No ball bearing rollers.
- Heat or temperature gauges optional.
- Design and use of water pump optional.
- V type belt optional.
THE PENALTY FOR INFRACTION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE
RULES IS DISQUALIFICATION.
(end of rules)
The above letter was sent out as a rule
clarification. This year the rules say all model T's must be
stock. First year of bronze thrust washers in rear end. Reground
cam no longer allowed. This year you must have a stock muffler.
Gauge is finally spelled correctly. If you have a stock
super-charger, this is the year you can finally run it..